What is MyWebSearch?
MyWebSearch is an incredibly popular toolbar (over 20 million active users each month!), that:
- gives you access to the web’s leading search engines (Google, Yahoo, Ask.com);
- includes some of the most popular products on the web for making communication easier, more expressive, and more entertaining.
Or, as our tagline says, MyWebSearch is “a world of fun, all in one toolbar.”
What features are included with the toolbar?
The MyWebSearch toolbar platform allows you to take advantage of more than a dozen interactive features and websites, including:
- MyFunCards™ – The #1 most visited eCard site
- Zwinky® – One of the largest virtual worlds for teens with over 20 million registered users
- IWON® – A popular gaming site that has awarded over $72,000,000 in prizes
- SmileyCentral® – Over 3.5 BILLION smileys have been shared through email, IMs and social networks
- Plus: PopularScreensavers™, Webfetti®, Cursor Mania™ and more incredibly popular features
Access to all of these features, plus our comprehensive search resource, can be acquired by downloading the MyWebSearch toolbar from any of our feature domains.
Which search engines are part of the toolbar?
MyWebSearch allows you to search the web directly from your toolbar, offering you three leading search engines: Google, Yahoo and Ask.com. You can easily switch your default search provider at any time. Learn more.
Who owns MyWebSearch?
We do! We’re Mindspark, a company of over 200 dedicated, passionate employees, and a wholly-owned business of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI) – the same company that runs Match.com, Evite, Ask.com, Citysearch and many other highly respected sites.
Mindspark features a variety of social and entertainment destinations like Vimeo®, IWON®, personal interest sites such as Excite®, as well as our fun, interactive toolbar products mentioned above.
How did I get the MyWebSearch toolbar?
Either you or someone using your computer accessed one of our many products which require the download of the MyWebSearch toolbar. We hope you enjoy it, but if it’s not for you, you can uninstall at any time.
What’s the catch – how does MyWebSearch make money?
Separate from our search results, we provide sponsored listings in the same fashion as Google and Yahoo. We also display advertising on select Web pages. This business model lets us create fun, easy-to-use products with wide-ranging content for you to enjoy on an ongoing basis.