YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Last Updated: September 30, 2011
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information whether through the Site or by third party network, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us, including personal information that may be contained in any comment or other submission you post within the Site. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other IAC businesses, business partners, social networks, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
Use of internet technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on the Site.
- General Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your computer when you use our Site. This information includes user activity while on the site, access times, and length of access. This information is only used for seamless interaction for the user and the Site.
- Tracking. We may obtain information as a result of data being sent to our servers from our software “agent” that may be embedded in the Site. We aggregate that data, which tracks information such as use sessions, length of sessions, pages viewed and information about your device. This data is aggregated for analysis and understanding of our user’s interaction with the Site.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, to track your use of the Site. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our users to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister IAC companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on the Site. Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting our Site functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: If you engage in promotions offered through the Site, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, or promotions.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our IAC sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our Site and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Site because such information may be required in order for you to access certain assets or areas, etc. You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties or the IAC family of companies for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: click here.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard any personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission′s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our Site is intended for a general audience, over the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING OUR WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.